We do not like fine print, but we also want to make sure there are no surprises for you or for us. Please read through our policies below, and thank you in advance for doing so!
We don’t like charging cancellation fees but as a very small family-run business with a limited number of rooms we need to cover the lost income when a room is cancelled.
Therefore we want to be very clear up front with you about our cancellation policy which is detailed below along with recommendations on how to protect yourself from cancellation charges, if you wish to do so.
If you are worried that you may need to cancel your visit, or would really dislike paying a cancellation charge, then please purchase trip cancellation insurance. Insurance canbe purchased at the time of booking online with a third party insurance provider. It is NOT included in our room rates, and does not get processed through the inn.
If you wish to purchase cancellation insurance after you have already booked, it is readily available at a moderate cost from the website www.quotewright.com.
Things do go wrong, family members do get sick, and events do get cancelled. If something prevents you from traveling, we will of course be personally sympathetic. However, if you need to cancel or change, we WILL charge a fee as follows:
- There is a $50 per room charge for cancellations or significant reservation changes outside the no-cancellation period.
- The no-cancellation period is 14 days prior to your date of arrival, and 21 days for holiday periods.
- Any cancellations or date changes within the no-cancellation period will forfeit the entire deposit, which is the full rate for a single night reservation and for longer reservations is half the full reservation rate
- For any cancellations or date changes within three (3) days of arrival (or 7 days for holidays) you will be charged the full cost of the original reservation.
- No-shows, early departures and delayed arrivals, for any reason, are the same as a cancellation and will be charged the full rate of the reservation.
- All reservation date changes made outside the cancellation period will be charged a $20 handling fee per room with two exceptions: 1) if the change is an upgraded room, or 2) days are added to the reservation.
- A deposit of one night's rate is required to guarantee a 1 night reservation, and deposit of half of the total is required for longer reservations
- All balances are due in full at check-in
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover. (We do not accept American Express cards.)
Check-in and Check-out
- Normal check-in time is between 3:00 and 7:00 pm.
- If you expect to arrive after 7:00 pm, please call or write so we can provide you our late arrival information
- Check-out is by 11:00.
- We appreciate that our guests respect our check-out time. Having the full amount of time between stays is the only way we can keep the high quality of cleanliness and service that we provide for each of our arriving guests. We dislike charging late fees, but please note that for each 15 minutes late you will be charged $25.
- We ask that you do not bring your pets / emotional support animals to the inn.
- If you arrive with pets, you will need to find somewhere for them to stay off property, or cancel your reservation, for which you will be charged the full cost of your reservation.
- If we find that a pet has stayed in one of our rooms, a fee to deep clean the room will be charged at a minimum of $250
- Service animals that are individually trained for specific work or tasks to help a person with their disability are welcomed.
- Dogs whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the ADA.
- A two-night minimum stay is required on all weekends when a Saturday night is included. Exceptions apply in certain circumstances.
- Three-night minimums are in effect for holiday weekends.
- A two-night minimum stay is required during the week between Christmas and the New Year.
Groups, Weddings, and Parties
- For groups reserving three or more rooms, a 30-day cancellation policy applies, and full payment in advance is required.
- Guests planning events and weddings at any local large local venue, including The Spring Ranch wedding venue, must 1) contact us directly before booking any rooms and 2) are required to take over the entire inn. We do this to protect the expectations of both the group, and for other guests who would otherwise be on property at that time. We appreciate this very much. We are a small property, not a large hotel, and want your event to be as special as is hoped.
- Please let us know in advance of any special requests for your guests during your event so that we can do our very best to accommodate them
- Occupancies in all rooms and vacation rentals are enforced and are charged per each room's rate schedule
- Glendeven does not hold weddings on property, but we offer wonderful small, intimate, and very special elopements.
- Inn rooms are configured for one or two adults only
- Maximum occupancy in all inn rooms is two (2) adults.
- Our 10 inn-rooms and the Beach Trail Cottage vacation rental are appropriate for adult guests only (18+)
- Our Beach Trail Cottage vacation rental can accommodate up to four (4) adults. Base pricing is for occupancy of two, and we add $30 per person for a maximum of four total.
- If you arrive with children for a stay in an inn room or vacation rental unannounced, we may ask you to find somewhere else to stay if we feel your children will affect the enjoyment of our other guests. This will be a cancellation and you will be charged the full cost of your reservation.
- We are a non-smoking property. Smoking is not permitted.
- Please show consideration for others guests' smoking preferences.
- We will charge a minimum of $500 cleaning fee if smoking occurs indoors
- House gift certificates for Glendeven Inn and The Inn at the Cobbler's Walk are not transferable between inns
- We do not accept Bed and Breakfast.com gift certificates
Rates subject to change without notice