We do not like fine print, but we also want to make sure there are no surprises for you or for us. Please read through our policies below, and thank you in advance for doing so!
We don’t like charging cancellation fees. However, as a very small, family-run business with a limited number of rooms we need to cover the lost income when a room is cancelled.
Therefore we want to be very clear up front with you about our cancellation policy which is detailed below along with recommendations on how to protect yourself from cancellation charges, if you wish to do so. If you have any questions, please contact us and we will be happy to help.
If you are worried that you may need to cancel your visit, or would really dislike paying a cancellation charge, then please purchase trip cancellation insurance. Insurance can be purchased at the time of booking online with a third party insurance provider. It is NOT included in our room rates and is not processed through the inn.
If you wish to purchase cancellation insurance after you have already booked, it is readily available at a moderate cost from the website www.quotewright.com.
Things do go wrong, family members do get sick, and events do get cancelled. If something prevents you from travelling, we will of course be personally sympathetic. However, if you need to cancel or change, we WILL charge a fee as follows:
- There is a $50 charge for cancellations or significant reservation changes outside the no-cancellation period.
- The no-cancellation period is 14 days prior to your date of arrival, and 21 days for holiday periods.
- Any cancellations or significant changes within the no-cancellation period will forfeit the entire deposit, which is the full rate for a single night reservation and for longer reservations is half the full reservation rate
- For any cancellations or significant changes within three (3) days of arrival (or 7 days for holidays) you will be charged the full cost of the original reservation.
- No-shows, early departures and delayed arrivals, for any reason, are the same as a cancellation and will be charged the full rate of the reservation.
- All reservation date changes made outside the cancellation period will be charged a $20 handling fee per room with two exceptions: if the change is an upgraded room, or days are added to the reservation.
- A deposit of one night’s rate is required to guarantee a 1-night reservation, and a deposit of half of the total cost is required for longer reservations
- Third party gift certificates can only be used for room reservations
- All balances are due in full at check-in
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and personal checks
Check-in and Check-out
- Normal check-in time is between 3:00 and 7:00 pm. If you expect to arrive after 7:00 pm, please call or write so we can provide you our late arrival information
- Check-out is at 11:00. We appreciate that our guests respect our check-out time. Having the full amount of time between stays is the only way we can keep the high quality of cleanliness and service that we provide for each of our arriving guests. We dislike charging late fees, but please note that for each 15 minutes late you will be charged $25.
- We ask that you do not bring your pets to the inn. If you arrive with pets, you will need to find somewhere for them to stay off property, or cancel your reservation, for which you will be charged the full cost of your reservation.
- If we find that a pet has stayed in one of our rooms, a fee to deep clean the room will be charged at a minimum of $250
- A two-night minimum stay is required on all weekends when a Saturday night is included. Exceptions apply in certain circumstances.
- Three-night minimums are in effect for holiday weekends.
- A two-night minimum stay is required during the week between Christmas and the New Year.
Groups, Weddings, and Parties
- For groups reserving three or more rooms, a 30-day cancellation policy applies, and full payment in advance is required.
- Guests planning events and weddings at any local large local venue, including The Spring Ranch wedding venue, must 1) contact us directly before booking any rooms and 2) are required to take over the entire inn. We do this to protect the expectations of both the group, and for other guests who would otherwise be on property at that time. We appreciate this very much. We are a small property, not a large hotel, and want your event to be as special as is hoped.
- Please let us know in advance of any special requests for your guests during your event so that we can do our very best to accommodate them
- Occupancies in all rooms and vacation rentals are enforced and are charged per each room’s rate schedule
- Glendeven and Cobbler’s Walk do not hold weddings on our property, but we offer wonderful small, intimate, and very special elopements at Glendeven Inn.
- Rooms at Glendeven Inn and Inn at the Cobbler’s Walk are configured for one or two adults only. Parties of 3 or more are welcome in our two Mendocino vacation rentals.
- Our 10 inn rooms are appropriate for adult guests only.
- Our Glendeven vacation rental does accommodate children, and children are allowed with prior arrangement. Children ages 12+ are appropriate in The Barn Loft (max occupancy 6).
- If you arrive with children for a stay in an inn room or vacation rental unannounced, we may ask you to find somewhere else to stay if we feel your children will affect the enjoyment of our other guests. This will be a cancellation and you will be charged the full cost of your reservation.
- Smoking is not permitted inside any of our facilities, only on porches and on decks. Please show consideration for others guests’ smoking preferences. Please do not smoke in your room or anywhere in the inn
- We will charge a minimum of $500 cleaning fee if smoking occurs indoors
- We do not accept Bed and Breakfast.com gift certificates
Rates subject to change without notice. Please contact us if you have any questions or would like more information.