11 of the Best Restaurants for Fine Dining in Mendocino
From breathtaking views to mouth-watering meals, fine dining in Mendocino is an essential part of the Northern California experience. Renowned chefs in this area pride themselves on utilizing local, organic produce and fresh seafood from local fishermen to create scrumptious, unforgettable dishes that are sure to amp up any date night. If you’re planning a romantic trip to Mendocino, take your special someone on a culinary adventure and visit the award-winning fine dining restaurants that have made this area famous.
Explore the Top Restaurants in Mendocino
- Cafe Beaujolais: This rustic French restaurant started as a Victorian farmhouse back in 1893 and has historic charm and elegant grounds. Their delicious cuisine focuses on locally grown and organic produce and the distinguished wine list proudly offers many local Mendocino wines as well as varietals from all over the world.
- Trillium Cafe: Located in the heart of Mendocino Village, this lovely restaurant features locally-sourced dishes that are fresh from the Mendocino County coast. Trillium delivers impeccable farm-to-table and modern California cuisine, complete with a cozy atmosphere and ocean views.
- MacCallum House Restaurant: At the MacCallum House, diners can enjoy a delicious meal graced by two stone fireplaces, candles, and garden flowers. Everything about this restaurant is warm and inviting and combines the town’s charm, history, and flavors into one tasty package.
- Little River Inn: Magnificent ocean and garden views at the Little River Inn Restaurant have made this eatery an area hotspot. The comfortable atmosphere, enticing local fare, and friendly wait staff will make you feel right at home on the coast.
- Ledford House: Just seven miles south of Mendocino in Albion, California, the Ledford House sits atop a bluff on the Albion headlands and offers panoramic views and breathtaking sunsets. Nightly jazz performances and a feel of casual elegance make this restaurant both comfortable and sophisticated.
- Wild Fish: With gorgeous views of the Pacific, delectable dishes, and a relaxing, wistful atmosphere, Wild Fish stands out as one of the best fine dining restaurants in Mendocino County. Ten tables and an inviting staff make this intimate eatery a perfect spot for date night.
- Albion River Inn: At the Albion River Inn restaurant, Chef Stephen Smith’s refined coastal cuisine showcases perfectly prepared seafood, meat, poultry & pasta dishes, and creates a memorable dining experience for guests. A live piano and award-winning wine list also add to the chic ambiance.
- Mendo Bistro: Guests can enjoy succulent housemade pasta, freshly caught seafood, crisp salads, and decadent desserts while indulging at Mendo Bistro. Or, feel free to choose from the extensive small plates tasting menu that’s perfect for sharing with a loved one.
- Raven’s Restaurant: This unique vegan and vegetarian eatery has assembled chefs from throughout the United States to produce and purchase only the highest quality ingredients. Their uncommon dishes, top-of-the-line produce, and sustainable practices provide an outstanding fine dining experience for visitors.
- 955 Ukiah Restaurant: This incredible Mendocino restaurant knows how to impress even the most discriminating fine dining crowd. Great care is given to preparation and cooking methods, and the chef pays close attention to the presentation of each plate, making the dishes both beautiful to look at and delicious to eat.
- Shared Table: Last, but not least, is our own restaurant, Shared Table! Formerly known as bistro | 150, our Little River restaurant serves up delicious, fresh dishes that use locally-sourced food. Guests enjoy a shared table dining experience and local wine pairings, and after dinner they can retire to one of our cozy rooms!
Inviting Lodging at the Inns of Glendeven
After an unforgettable meal, head back to our gorgeous Mendocino bed and breakfast and unwind in one of our comfortable rooms and suites! You can enjoy a restful night’s sleep before continuing your food journey the next morning with a delicious, gourmet breakfast right in your room.
Photo Credit: Wavebreakmedia Ltd | Thinkstock