10 of Our Favorite Tasting Rooms in Mendocino Wine Country
Considered the mecca of organic wines, Mendocino Wine Country in Northern California is a haven for wine lovers. Mendocino county is one of the largest producers of organic wine grapes, where Chardonnay dominates the region and award-winning Pinot Noir abounds. When planning your next wine adventure, be sure to download a Mendocino wine country map and get ready for a wonderful day of sipping, savoring, and indulging! Here are some of our favorite tasting rooms and wineries in Mendocino.
The Top Mendocino Wine Country Tasting Rooms
- Toulouse Vineyards: Located in the heart of Anderson Valley in Philo, CA, this boutique winery takes pride in creating some of the finest Pinot Noir in the area and does all of their winemaking and bottling onsite. They also produce Rose, Gewürztraminer, Pinot Gris, and Reisling, and much of the fruit grown in their vineyard is purchased by other Anderson Valley growers. Guests can visit the Toulouse tasting room daily from 11 AM to 5 PM.
- Foursight Wines: One of the best Anderson Valley wineries, Foursight was founded in 2006 and uses traditional, old-world techniques to produce 100% estate wines. Their tasting room is located in Boonville, CA, and features a picnic area and patio space where visitors can enjoy a glass or bottle on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday from 10 AM to 4:30 PM.
- Lula Cellars: With a yearly production of over 3,000 cases, Lula produces wines entirely from vineyards in Mendocino County. Guests can taste-test their impeccable Pinot Noir, Zinfandel, Dry Gewurztraminer, Pinot Gris, and Rosato varietals Monday through Sunday from 10 AM to 6 PM.
- Nelson Family Vineyards: At this tasting room, guests can sip and savor twelve varieties of Nelson Family wine made in ultra-small batches, including Zinfandel, Carignane, Pinot Grigio, Cabernet Sauvignon, Viognier, Petit Verdot, Petite Sirah, Orange Muscat, Riesling, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Merlot.
- Pacific Star Winery: With its unique location, Pacific Star’s winemaking process is one of the most fascinating in the region. Waves to crash into sea caves under the cellar and naturally filter the wine from its sediment, and the salt from sea air deposits on barrels and creates delicious, dense wines. Guests can learn more at their tasting room, located on North Main Street in Fort Bragg.
- Balo Vineyards: The Balo property is comprised of 10 acres of grapevines, where fertile soils and high rock content provide an ideal environment for high-quality grape production. Their beautiful tasting room features a stone chimney and a picturesque outdoor sitting area and is open daily from 11 to 5.
- Handley Cellars: Situated on Northern California’s scenic Highway 128, visitors of Handley Cellars can taste wines and shop in the folk art-inspired tasting room. Walk-in tastings are offered 7 days a week, and cellar select tastings that including a cheese pairing are available by appointment.
- Rivino Winery: Located along the Russian River in Mendocino county, Rivino handcrafts all of their wines from select grapes that are grown on the family’s Schrader Ranch Vineyard. The vineyard has 7 different grape varietals, including Chardonnay, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Viognier, Pinot Blanc, Syrah, and Sangiovese, and the winery is open daily from 10 to 5.
- Baxter Winery: Known for their incredible Pinot Noir, Baxter Winery combines over 50 years of experience with natural techniques to produce handcrafted single-vineyard wines. Their winemaker, Claire Baxter, will guide guests through a tasting of their award-winning wines in the tasting room, open Thursday through Monday from 11 to 5.
- Glendeven Inn’s Wine Bar[n]: Each day from 3 to 7 PM, our Mendocino bed and breakfast offers our guests exclusive access to the onsite Wine Bar[n] for wine bottle and by the glass purchases. You’ll be provided complimentary glasses of wine each day as part of your stay with us, and the choices rotate daily. Serving 50 regional wines and scrumptious treats including cheese and charcuterie, you can experience some of the best Mendocino wines just steps from your room. Cheers!