10 Most Romantic Coastal Destinations #1 Mendocino, CA
Where to stay..... A few miles south of town, the Glendeven Inn is an eight-acre coastal "luxury farmstead." Guest rooms feature wood-burning stoves and ocean views and come with three-course breakfasts served in-room. Outside, there's a massage cabin, a wine barn serving only Mendocino vintages, and a pasture of llamas.
Fodor's Review If Mendocino is the New England village of the West Coast, then Glendeven is the local country manor with sea views.
The main house was built in 1867 and is surrounded by acres of gardens, complete with llamas and chickens that provide eggs for the sumptuous three-course breakfast served in-room.
AN HISTORIC MENDOCINO INN
Glendeven Inn Mendocino strives daily to provide one of the best lodging experiences on the Mendocino Coast. At our intimate 10-room inn we offer not only rooms, but an experience -- shared Farm to Table dinners at our adjacent Bistro |150, eight acres with roaming livestock, ocean views, wood fireplaces remade daily, the only Mendocino-County-only wine barn serving bottles for onsite or offsite enjoyment, acres of private gardens and much more.
We offer visitors a sense of peace, beauty, and privacy. Glendeven Inn Mendocino is two miles south of the village of Mendocino and surrounded on three sides by Van Damme State Park. We're close to all of the restaurants, shops, galleries, Anderson Valley wineries, and all of the North Mendocino Coast attractions.
Glendeven Inn Mendocino is an eight-acre ocean-view farmstead lodging that offers romantic bed and breakfast accommodations on the California coast. The Glendeven Inn is known for its comfort, class and renowned reputation.
What sets us apart from other Mendocino properties?
- Chosen by the Select Registry as a top distinguished inn in North America
- Three course, hot, in-room breakfasts, with Glendeven farm eggs
- On-site Farm-to-Table dining at Bistro | 150 where everything is sourced within 150 miles, with wine pairing, 3 days weekly
- Larger than average, ocean-view rooms with wood burning fireplaces
- 50+ Mendocino County and Anderson Valley wines daily by the bottle for purchase
- A setting like no other with 8+ acres of manicured gardens, pastures, and forests surrounded on three sides by state park, but just two miles from the Mendocino Village
- Meadows of grazing llamas and free range chickens
- Pristine nature reserve trails at your doorstep
- Full service concierge desk
The Glendeven Inn bed and breakfast is Vogue Magazine, Travel+Leisure, Food& Wine, New York Times, and Sunset Magazine's pick for Mendocino Lodging and Accommodations. Our location is ideal for discovering the treasures of Mendocino, Little River, the Anderson Valley Wineries and Vineyards, the California coastline and beyond.
Escape to this romantic Mendocino B & B hideaway on the spectacular California coast, with Mendocino's only Mendocino-county-only Wine Barn, with 50+ local wines by the bottle daily. Our charming Mendocino Inn provides serenity, tranquility and a peaceful environment for those traveling to Northern California wine country.